Thursday, July 1, 2010

"Home"

I had such grand hopes of getting lots of sewing done while away for the month of June! But Grammy duties definitely got in the way of that! Plus, I was using my daughter's sewing space and her sewing machine. It just didn't feel like "Home".
After new baby had been home a while, I was able to get away for a few days and go to visit my mom and dad in Wisconsin. I took several sewing projects along with me. Since it was going to be MUCH quieter there, I knew I'd be able to accomplish a few things.
What fun it was to sit down at the 1950-era Singer sewing machine on which I learned to sew. It still runs and sews beautifully. And I LOVE the knee pedal! I felt right at home there. My wall quilt project went together in no time and I had fun reminiscing about the other things I'd made on that machine.
It definitely feels good to be back in my own home, though--sewing whenever I want to, in my own space, and using my own equipment! Nothing like it! I'm sure you will agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment