Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Signed, Sealed and Delivered!


My goal last week was to finish my niece's quilt and get it in the mail to her. It only took me a day or two to finish the binding, make the label and sew it on. While doing that, I thought about what I would write in the note that I planned to tuck in the box with the quilt. I wanted to explain to her why I chose that particular pattern (Country Roads) for her and the significance of the colors used (things she might see as she bicycled along country roads...).
My niece called me last night--she'd received the quilt and was thrilled! Even though it was hot where she lives, she planned to sleep under it right away! It's reactions like that that make quilt making such a rewarding pastime! Don't you agree??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment