Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Getting Ready

I'm getting ready to head to Marion, IN tomorrow morning. I'll have a booth at the vendor mall during the Quilters' Hall of Fame Celebration, Thursday thru Saturday. I'm hoping to spread the word about my book and sell some of my patterns.
It is a lot of work to get ready for the booth! I've been working at it for the past couple of weeks--making lists of what I need to take for my display, increasing my inventory, making up a few scrappy items to sell, etc. The hardest work will come later today, though, as I load everything into the car! When I arrive tomorrow and find out my booth location, I then have to unload everything and get creative in the setting-up. I have some ideas in my head, but will they work once I see my space? The three hours we're allowed for set-up goes by quickly!
Some people travel from quilt show to quilt show to sell their products. They must have a "system" worked out so that the packing and unpacking becomes routine. I plan to talk to some of them to find out their secrets! What a great opportunity to network with other quilters, both the vendors and the quilters who "shop".
To learn more about the Celebration and what all is taking place in Marion this week, go to www.quiltershalloffame.net and look under "Celebration 2010". Hope to see you there--stop by my booth, "Got Scraps?", and say "HI". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment