Monday, January 14, 2013

Starting to Learn

I have borrowed several books about Costa Rica from my neighborhood library.  The more I read them, the more I get excited about my upcoming trip!  It looks like a BEAUTIFUL country.  I can't wait to see the birds and butterflies that make Costa Rica their home!  And the mountains and volcanoes ringing the Central area where we will be staying!  I definitely want to shop for a better camera.
I also checked out a couple of Spanish language books and I have realized that I DO know a few Spanish phrases!  I can say "good day", "how are you?", "my name is," "please," "thank you."  I still need to practice "where is the bathroom?", but I'm good at "Hola"--mainly because my granddaughter's favorite books are all about Dora, the Explorer!
Can't wait to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment