Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Assignments Part 2

One of my teaching assignments for Costa Rica is reverse applique. Since Costa Rica is home to over 100 species of butterflies, I would like the learning project to be an appliqued butterfly block, which I can then turn into a pillow cover (another of my teaching assignments).
I spent the past couple of weeks looking through my quilting books for just the right butterfly pattern.  Nothing seemed to be what I was looking for, and I thought I would have to design something myself.  That's when I looked out my kitchen window and saw my shepherd's hook.  As you can see from the picture (even though it is slightly blurry), the design was right under my nose the whole time.  Quilting designs truly are everywhere--we simply have to keep our eyes open!  

No comments:

Post a Comment