Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Surprise!



I've started! I decided to work with the things on the floor first, so I finally opened shopping bags and emptied tote bags. I came across the things I'd bought at antique shops while on vacation in the Paducah area. One was a grungy bag of (what I thought were) scraps of vintage fabrics. Imagine my surprise--and delight--when I discovered that the "scraps" were actually these blocks along with LOTS of cut-out butterflies! What FUN!
The floor is basically cleared off now. I also put loose spools of thread away in my thread box and put balls of pearle cotton in the drawer where they belong. Progress, and it feels great!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like my sewing room! How can it be? My DH says nothing is like my sewing room. I can hardly wait until he sees the pictures of its twin! We sure could use the space for storage the bed takes up. How about a loft? Bed up, storage down? We received a catalog that sells Martha Stewart craft/sewing room furniture. Organized yes, still not enough storage. Martha doesn't have a stash evidently. I bought a bunch of plastic tubs all the same size and a few smaller one for smaller projects. They stack nicely, you can see what is in them, and everything stays clean and organized. Mine are stacked 3 & 4 high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plastic tub idea is a good one. The large plastic totes I have are not clear. I only have 4 of them so I pretty much know what is in them. I have lots of projects in labeled boxes (shoe boxes, etc.) and those are stacked pretty high in the closet. I get overwhelmed when I see so many projects waiting to be finished, so perhaps, for me, it's better that I can't see what is inside the boxes! :)

    ReplyDelete