Thursday, January 26, 2012

Papers, Papers, Papers

Several days have been spent sorting papers--copies of quilt patterns from magazines, books or the internet, quilting articles saved from newspapers or magazines, etc. Over the past few years, these have just been stacked in a box. I figured it was time to put them away in the file cabinet that sits in the corner of my sewing room.
The file cabinet has 4 drawers. Each drawer was already pretty full because I've been saving files of quilting articles and patterns for YEARS. Plus, anything that didn't seem to have a place got stashed away in one of the file drawers. The drawers are now a bit more organized and the sorted papers have been filed.
One day I should just concentrate on that file cabinet. Leafing through the files, I realized that some of them are no longer relevant. If those were removed, there would be more room for future pictures and patterns. :)

1 comment:

  1. So this is what I've done with all those quilt magazines, etc. I'm a magazine mutilator. I cut out patterns that I like or interest me, and put them in a 3 whole binding after inserting them in a paper sleeve. I have them organized by type - applique, stars, squares, circles,etc. Then some of my friends decided to give me thier magazines, okay those are still in two boxes!! I use the various notebooks for inspiration. I know I won't sew them all, but I use if for ideas or how maybe colors go together, etc.

    ReplyDelete