Sunday, January 22, 2012

Container Search

After reading a recent magazine article about creatively using containers, I've been on the lookout, both at home and in the stores. I found a canvas "basket" that was on sale at JoAnn's and that now holds all my embroidery patterns and projects. I bought a couple more scrapbooking storage boxes (~12" square and ~4" high). They are great for projects, especially projects that I want to take somewhere. I put the word out to my quilting friends that I was looking for a large glass jar--like a big pickle jar--in which to put the collection of wooden spools I'd discovered.
When we had a gathering of quilting friends on Friday, one of them walked in with a jar for me--perfect! The spools now have a new home, and look great atop one of my bookcases.
Friday I took with me several bags of items that I'd weeded out from my sewing room. But I ended up bringing most of the items back home. My quilting friends have enough "stuff" of their own, and weren't really interested in mine! I'll find a good home for these things somewhere...

1 comment:

  1. Hmm - I'm getting ideas!! Just thought since it is raining, and I should be doing something --- like cleaning... I'd rather look at your blog. I'm a button collector, wooden spools, etc. So I have an old flour, sugar, ... containers, from long ago. They are glass with a wooden lid. I now use them for my buttons (after I wash them, you know!) So it is kinda cute to see the jars in various heights with the buttons gleaming in them. Now they are under fabric!!

    ReplyDelete