Friday, August 13, 2010

A True Vacation



Last week we were on vacation in southern Missouri. We rented a cabin for the entire family at Lake Wappapello State Park. It turned out to be a TRUE vacation because we were very limited as to the available technology. My son-in-law had to drive 25 miles to find wi-fi access* and not everyone's cell phone worked. There was satellite TV, but not a whole lot of stations. I didn't even do much of the hand sewing I took along because the lighting was poor and there were no real comfy chairs. We were forced to relax and it was very nice!!! Several of us remarked that it had been a long time since we had a day where nothing was planned.
Even though it was hot, we hiked a bit, went swimming, played games, etc. And each of us was working our way through a good book.
As usual, the week went by very quickly and we were soon back to real life! For me, that's ok...I couldn't wait to get back to my quilting projects! :) (Now if only someone else would do the cooking and wash the dishes!)
BTW: no quilt shop in that town, but 3 McDonald's!

No comments:

Post a Comment