Thursday, August 19, 2010

Something Different

This week's project is a 90 x 90 T-shirt quilt. I've made T-shirt/clothing quilts before, so that is not what is different about this project. What is different, is the subject of the T-shirts--Grateful Dead. (My kids think it is really funny that I am making a Grateful Dead quilt!)
As I was first sorting the shirts, all I was looking at was the size of the design and the colors used. It's when I started preparing them for the quilt (BTW: I LOVE Pellon Shape-flex) that I really started to notice the pictures. I can understand skeletons, skulls and tie-dye colors. But what I don't understand is how the Peanuts Gang fits in...several of the T-shirts show Snoopy and friends dancing around. The only connection I can think of between Charles Shultz and the Grateful Dead is that they were both from California. I'm curious...I'll have to check into this...

No comments:

Post a Comment