Saturday, July 4, 2009

Time Out

I've had a time-out this week--daughter, son-in-law and 17-month-old granddaughter visited. I had to put everything safely out of reach, so projects got put away in my sewing room. Now I'm slowly getting them back out. I'm taking a fresh look at them and prioritizing.
I need time-outs. I am not one who can sit and sew all day long. My body says "get up and move around!" I keep my ironing board upstairs so that when I need to press, I get some exercise. I take a break to go outside and pull a few weeds. I go work out at Curves. At the cottage with my quilting buddies, a couple of us went for a walk when weather permitted. (On one walk, we saw a deer run across the road ahead of us and spotted some Lady Slippers in the woods!)
Time-outs are good not only for working out the kinks, but also for thinking. Many a "road block" has been worked out during a time-out!
A week-long time-out is too long, though. I'm ready to get back to sewing. It won't be long before my sewing machine is humming! I need to get my niece's graduation quilt done! :)
Happy sewing to you, too! Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment