Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Progress



If I would stay home, I'd have my niece's quilt all finished by now! But last week I was in Indiana for 4 days, at the Quilters' Hall of Fame Celebration. More on that in my next blog.


I AM making progress on the quilt for my niece. I have all the blocks finished and am setting them together today. What a fun block to work with! It is a 9-patch, made up only of 4-patches and half-square triangle squares, so it's very easy to construct. I have played with different layouts, and several different looks are possible. At first I thought I would turn the blocks two different ways.


That layout looks like this picture. I like the secondary pattern that appears. But what would it look like if all the blocks were going in the same direction?


The last picture shows the blocks laid out that way. A secondary pattern appears here, too! For some reason, I like this layout better. It seems more young and fun. Plus, I don't have to think about which way to turn the blocks when I am setting them together. They all go together the same way!
Told you it was easy!!! I'll have the top done in no time, now! Back to the sewing machine...hope you're having fun with your sewing, too!
Carol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment