Sunday, March 1, 2009

Every day I learn a bit more!


I have been going on the Quilt With Us community for the past couple of days now and each day I make a new friend and find something new to do there. It is fun! But how the time flies!

I got quite a bit of the embroidery done on my latest quilt--I hope to finish it up tomorrow! I really would like to get a couple of new patterns written and published soon. I am planning on attending some big quilting events in the next few months and it would be great to have some new designs to show off! Guess that means more sewing and less chatting on the computer! We will see!


As you can see, I figured out how to add pictures to my blog! This is the very first pattern I published, called "Now Starring: Leftovers". I had fun piecing my scraps together and then cutting them into squares to form the centers of the Variable Star blocks. (Finished quilt measures 52" x 78")

I really enjoy writing and publishing patterns. It is kind of like scrap-booking. I know that if I weren't really into quilting so deeply, I would be a scrap-booker. When I taught elementary school, I thoroughly enjoyed creating bulletin boards!

Enough of this! I need to get back to my stitching! Hope you are working a project that you enjoy! If you would like to purchase this pattern, please e-mail me (cloessel@yahoo.com) for the details. Happy Stitching! Carol :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Carol! Keep up the good work and jotting down all those great ideas. Don't forget to keep me posted so I can continue to add to my collection of your patterns. Glad you are thinking spring. I'm tired of brown and dead grass. Ready for some green which happens to be my favorite color! Also some warmer weather so I can sit on the front porch to do needlework.

    ReplyDelete