Friday, March 6, 2009

What a beautiful day today!


Wouldn't you know it? The one day that I have a large block of time in which I can sew turns out to be the warmest (60 degrees+) and most beautiful day we have had all year! The kind of day we have been waiting for! I couldn't stay inside! I took a nice long walk this afternoon and realized that it is starting to smell like SPRING!
All was not lost, however. I got up early this morning and was able to get quite a bit of stitching done before I was "called" outside! And I went outside at a time when I needed to do some thinking and planning. I don't listen to music when I walk. I tried that once, and the wind noise in my ears was louder than the music coming out of the ear buds! So, I use that time to meditate. Today I needed to figure out the next steps of some projects, and by the time I got home, I was ready to sew again!
I'm currently working on 3 different projects--two quilt tops and a tote bag. I came across the leftover scraps from my Shoo, Flies! quilt (pictured above, pattern available, 56" x 76") and decided to use them (and some leftover quilted muslin I found in another box) to make the tote bag. It's turning out pretty cute! I just have to add the handles (for which I dug in my strips box!). I'll post a picture of it when I have it finished.
The two quilt tops are progressing. I'm designing the border for one of them and appliqueing flower centers for the other before putting the blocks together. The rainy weekend they are predicting means I can applique while watching basketball games and not feel like I should be doing something else!
Today I sent off to Pattern Peddlers a supply of my patterns #11-14. So, by next week at this time, you should be able to see my entire collection at their website: http://www.thepatternpeddlers.com/ . Just search under "Carol E. Loessel". It's a site where quilt shops can order patterns. If you see one you'd like, you can ask your quilt shop to order it for you, or you can purchase from me via e-mail (cloessel@yahoo.com). I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about any of the patterns via e-mail, also.
Back to work for me...Happy Scrappy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment