Friday, February 27, 2009

Another Leap into Cyberspace, but I really should be quilting!

Well, I guess I am hooked! The other day I received a new Connecting Threads catalog. The cover shows their yummy new 1930's fabric collection (bad news for those of us who cannot resist the 30's fabrics!), and throughout the catalog they talk about their new online community called Quilt With Us.
Yesterday I gave it a look and signed on. LOTS of things to do once you are in there! Many places to blog, several groups to join, and lots of great pictures to see. I already have a new friend in Ireland! And, I signed up to do a block exchange with the girls from Michigan. Am I into this, or what?
And when do we have time to work on our quilts??? I did get the blocks all cut for the charm quilt I am working on. Everything is ready to sew now. I am also putting the finishing embroidery touches on a charm quilt I started a couple of years ago. If there are some good basketball games on tomorrow, I should be able to park in front of the TV and get a lot of that stitching done. It sure feels great to be at this point on that quilt! It is one of those designs that looked good when I sketched it out on paper...just wasn't sure how it would look in fabric. I'm pretty pleased with it. I still need to decide how I want the border to look. I think I want it to be curved...any good ways to work that out? Let me hear from you if you have ever done a scalloped or curved border on a quilt.
Once I figure out how my computer will let me put pictures into this blog site, I'll share some of my other scrap quilts with you. Happy Stitching! Carol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment