Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Leap into Cyberspace (but I'd rather be quilting!)

Hello everyone! Here I am, blogging for the first time! All of this "high-tech" computer stuff is a bit scary for me. I'd really rather be quilting!

Quilting is something I know all about, because I've been doing it for more than 35 years! (So maybe after I do this for a while, it will become second nature???)

Because I have been quilting for so long, I have built up quite a collection of fabric and fabric scraps. It got to the point where I could hardly work in my sewing room! So a few years ago I decided to start using those scraps--really using them up, instead of creating more.

I like to come up with my own designs. I tend to let the scraps tell me how to use them! (Has anyone else discovered that fabric talks to them?) I try not to have a set quilt size in mind when I begin. The quilt top just evolves and grows as I work on it.

Working this way is great fun! And very addictive. I wish there were more hours in the day so I could make all the quilts that I have sketched on paper! Most days I would rather sew and quilt than do anything else. The amount of dust around my house is a good indication of that!

Right now my sewing machine is calling me to work on the design I started last week. I'm off to sew, but I'll be back soon. I can't wait to tell you about the patterns I have designed!

(If you'd like a sneak peak, e-mail me: cloessel@yahoo.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment