Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What a difference!

All my bear making fabrics and tools are now in two 18 gallon plastic tubs in the basement. Packing that stuff away really freed up a lot of space in the closet in my sewing room. I'm now thinking about what should go in that space.
I also did something else that really makes a difference in that room. All my sample quilts were folded and stacked atop one another on the bed--they took up a lot of space that way, the quilts were getting permanent folds in them, and the stacks of quilts made the room seem crowded. I decided to open each quilt out flat on the bed and store one on top of the other in that way. (I thought that I could actually hear them saying "thank you" as I did this!) I then covered the entire bed with a sheet--much better for the quilts and definitely a much less cluttered look to the room! There is now space to "store" things (projects in progress, for example) on the bed, atop the quilts. The only time I'll have to be concerned about this storage method is when we have a house full of overnight company...but that doesn't happen very often, and I'll worry about it when it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment