Thursday, February 2, 2012

Good Suggestions

I'm still working on my sewing room, doing a little each day. It is getting less and less intimidating, which is a good thing!
When we moved to this house 14 years ago, many of my sewing things were left in boxes and put on shelves in the basement. Little by little over the years, those things have made their way into my sewing room, leaving empty space on the shelves.
One quilting friend suggested that the things I am not using right now, but don't want to get rid of, should go into plastic storage tubs and be put on the basement shelves. Why didn't I think of that?
All my bear-making supplies will (hopefully) fit into an 18-gallon tote so they can be stored on a basement shelf. That will free up lots of space in the closet in my sewing room! Hmm...what else can I put away in a storage tub in the basement?

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I need to do the same. I once commented on FB that after I cleared off my sewint table, I found a perfectly good sewing machine under the pile!!

    I just don't know where to start. I have piles here and there, plastic boxes, etc. etc. If I clean up the house the sewing room gets to be a mess, and if I clean out the sewing room it messes up the rest of the house!! Hmm, maybe I'll buy a travel trailor and move my sewing machine into there!! Smile. I could use any advice you have!! Signed, under-water, and under-inspired, in Norman Okla

    ReplyDelete