Friday, March 11, 2011

Local Quilt Shop Celebration

The owner of the local quilt shop celebrated her 5th anniversary of ownership last Saturday. She had several "5" specials going on: buy 5 fat quarters, get one free; buy 5 yards of sale fabric, get 1 yard free; etc. Plus one received an additional discount at check-out by selecting a fat eighth of fabric from a basket and looking at the slip of paper rolled up inside. The shop was very busy with quilters taking advantage of these specials.
I was there for several hours talking to quilters about my patterns and signing books. I always enjoy people watching and listening in on what they are saying. It is a rare person who doesn't say "I have tons of scraps." I met one last Saturday, though. She told me she doesn't save any scraps--she gives them all away to groups that make charity quilts. Why? Because she doesn't understand how to make scrap quilts; she finds them confusing. Too bad I can't spend a day or two working with her to show her what fun they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment