Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Little Quilt from Grandma

As a child, I loved playing with dolls.  Grandma knew that.  When she had some fabric leftover from making aprons, she made doll quilts for me and my sisters.  This little quilt was used to tuck in some of my favorite dolls back then.      

I have not outgrown my love of dolls.  I have kept some of my favorites from childhood and have built up quite a collection of bears.  My doll quilt is still cherished and every so often I'll bring it out and display it with some of the bears and dolls in my collection.

This quilt was the inspiration for "Granny Stars"--one of the patterns in my Little Dolly's Too pattern packet. You can find the pattern on my website: http://carolsscrapquilts.webs.com. 

Wonder if this bear has invited others to the picnic???   

No comments:

Post a Comment