Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dad's Clothes

I finally started the task of cutting apart my dad's flannel shirts and jeans.  The goal is to make 9 small quilts (I'm thinking 45" square)--one for me, each of my 2 sisters and each of our 2 kids.
Seems like a lot of useable fabric in the shirt bodies and sleeves.  The jeans are worn, but still useable...Dad was pretty small towards the end, though, and the legs are tapered.
I'm saving all the buttons so I can put them on as I tie the quilts.  For now I'm saving the yokes and collars, too.  Not sure if I'll need the fabric that is in them.
I have picked out a few simple patterns that I think might work for these quilts...I will know once I start working with the actual fabrics.  Some flannel shirts are thinner than others...those must have been favorites and worn a lot!
I'll track my progress here...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment