Thursday, September 1, 2011

Emotionally Drained!!!

Wish I could say that after being with the Livonia 9-Patchers in July that I truly was able to get back into my quilting! This summer has been a real emotional roller-coaster for me and my family. Not only did we lose my father, but my mother-in-law also passed away, three weeks ago. I have been away from home so much in the past 4 months that some mornings when I wake up, I have to stop and remember where I am! I have so much to catch up on around here--gardening, bill paying, house cleaning. I'm taking things one day at a time and gradually trying to get back to my quilting projects. They are all stacked neatly in my sewing room, waiting for me. Which one to start with is the question now. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can certainly understand when you say you are emotionally drained. I had to put my mother who has lived with me the past five years in a nursing home and it broke my heart. I haven't been able to concentrate on much since then. Going to see her every day takes a lot out of me too. My thought and prayers are with you. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hon - I'm so sorry - just keep taking things one day at a time, and take good care of yourself, stress WILL make you sick. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete