Thursday, December 16, 2010

One More Gift Idea


My daughter told me that her 20-month-old could use a pillow. A regular size pillow seems too big for my granddaughter, so I bought a travel size pillow. Of course she would need some pillowcases for her new pillow! I went looking for some fun fabrics. I found some great cat fabric in my stash and bought the green floral fabric at the quilt shop.
One-half yard of fabric is plenty for a pillowcase for this size pillow. Cut the fabric 13 1/2" x width of fabric, and remove the selvages. Fold the fabric in half, right sides together. (folded piece will measure 13 1/2" x ~ 22") Using a 1/4" seam allowance, stitch both side edges. Serge or zig-zag the raw edges of the seams. Press under 1/4" along the top edge of the pillowcase; then turn under another 3" to form the top hem. Press. Stitch the hem close to the turned-under edge. Turn pillowcase right side out and press.
A quick and easy gift for a toddler or a traveler!

No comments:

Post a Comment