Friday, December 11, 2009

Taggie Blankie


According to my daughter, my 8-month-old granddaughter LOVES to play with the tags on her toys more than playing with the toys! My daughter put a "taggie blanket" on her Christmas list. So I started creating...I dug out some pieces of flannel leftover from previous baby projects. I got out my box of trims and ribbons. I looked for variety in size and texture while trying to use up some of the small pieces in the box that might not be useful for anything else. I cut the trims to ~4" lengths, folded them in half, and placed them randomly in the seams. I made sure to stitch over the ends of the trims several times to secure them. There are definitely LOTS of tags on this blankie...it will be fun to see what my granddaughter thinks of it! (Things like this are my favorite kinds of Christmas gifts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment