Saturday, June 20, 2009

Shopping At Home

I didn't have to go very far for the fabrics I used in all my latest projects. I merely went to my sewing room and started pulling fabrics from my boxes and bins. I found all I needed for the Sunbonnet blocks in my collection of fat quarters and scraps, and I had plenty of muslin for the background (since I buy that by the bolt!). Someday I want to make an 1800's style red and green quilt so I have plenty of those fabrics in my stash, too. It didn't take much of them for the challenge project.
Do you realize we scrap quilters are saving energy because of our fabric stashes? (No, I don't mean the extra insulation it gives our homes...) Instead of driving from quilt shop to quilt shop to find the fabrics we need for our projects, we simply shop at home by shopping our stash! Anytime, and even in our PJ's! We're gladly doing our part, aren't we? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment