Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm back

I'm back home after an emotional week with my parents. They are definitely doing better now than when I got there, but I feel like I was living in fast forward all week. We got a lot of things accomplished, and I think we are all spending this week resting up from our hard work!

It didn't take me long to get back to my sewing projects. I'm back to working on that UFO I mentioned. I'm putting together a bunch of scrap fabrics and before I left for Wisconsin, I noticed that I'd sewn one scrap on backwards. At that point I'd decided that since it was a scrap quilt, it really didn't matter. When I picked it up again the other day, I had second thoughts and almost ripped it out. Then I read something while browsing on-line. I ran across a list of tips given by some of the teachers at this year's upcoming Quilt Festival in Chicago. One of them made me smile (and still does!) Laura Heine says "Use both sides of your fabrics...you buy both sides!" That solves my problem! The scrap stays in the quilt the way I sewed it!

Hope to have that quilt top finished in the next couple of days. I'm going back to work on it right now! Hope your stitching makes YOU smile today! Carol :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the tip from Laura Heine. Good running into you at The Gathering a few weeks ago. Kathy Slater

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog, Carol. It's another nice way to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete